Waxing Tween’s & Teens things you need to know
Waxing Tween’s & Teens things you need to know
More & more we are seeing younger clients starting to think about waxing. Exposure from the internet & social media drive a need to have the perfect brows & flawless faces. Access to endless YouTube videos & a huge selection of beauty blogs on demand all demonstrating the way to get the look you want by waxing.
The consensus for the right age to start waxing is around 15 years old. However, there is no industry standard. We find that there is more interest from younger clients to remove unwanted hair to avoid any embarrassment/teasing that this could bring. Waxing does achieve a longer lasting result than shaving or bleaching.
- Bikini & yes even Brazilian waxing services can be a very tough issue for some service providers. Children are maturing at a very fast rate & this is where the “why” becomes important.
- It differs from that of waxing around the lips, eyebrows, backs, legs & underarms. A clean bikini line for a younger client is reasonable. Our society perceives having certain areas of our body hair-free & this begins their removing hair in the first place.
Excel Salon & Spa is a preferred Kelowna Day Spa & we ask all clients to fill out a client card/must be signed by a guardian if under 18 years old. It is key for us to understand any conditions &/or allergies prior to your service. This also allows the client to ask any questions or express any concern’s they may have. To help reduce any stress or anxiety for both the young client & guardian we explain what they can expect & educate on the process.
Excel Estheticians are fully trained and recommend the following pre care instructions:
- First question is your hair long enough? Avoid shaving, tweezing or any other method of shortening the hair you are wanting removed for approx. 2 weeks prior to your appointment. The hair being removed needs to be about 1/4 inch in length (about the length of a Tic Tac).
- We ask that you avoid any type of skin exfoliating treatments before having any facial waxing. This also includes but is not limited to: microdermabrasion, peels or using a topical skin thinner.
- If you are taking any medication that requires you to avoid sun exposure you are not considered a good candidate for waxing. Some medical conditions can also preclude you from waxing “Consult your doctor if you have any questions”.
- If the area to be waxed is broken or irritated, we recommend that you wait until the skin is healed before having a waxing service.
- Some clients experience more sensitivity &/or skin redness if being waxed during their period.
- It is very important to let us know prior to your service if you have any allergies or sensitivities. Even if you have been waxed before & never experienced any sensitivity.
- Sometimes due to our body changing or taking a new medication can cause sensitivity.
- Do not ever hesitate to ask any questions or concerns you may have prior to your appointment. Remember there are No stupid questions!
Post care is also very important to insure you have a pleasant waxing experience with Excel Salon & Spa. To help you maintain smooth skin after waxing we recommend purchasing “No Bump”. This is an amazing product which can be used both prior to waxing & after. Prior application 3 to 4 days before your appointment will help prevent ingrown hairs or bumps.Avoid sun bathing, tanning beds & excessive sweating in the first 24 hours after waxing.
- Avoid swimming during this same time. Chlorine & salt water can irritate freshly waxed skin.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing (if appropriate).
- Avoid exfoliating the waxed area for 24 hours. We recommend after the 24 hours as it will help reduce ingrown hair.
- Avoid hot tubs, hot showers & hot baths for 24 hours.
We are always available for consultation before or after any service. Call us @ 250-763-9655 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to book your appointment. We look forward to seeing you soon!
« A Message From JudyLook Years Younger with a New Do:…Trendy New Nail Designs Kelowna…Be the Best For Your Graduation…Kelowna Spa and Bridal Skincare…Kelowna Nail ContestDare to be Bare! Kelowna Brazilian…Kelowna Spa Pedicure Product -…Brocato Supersilk Smoothing System…Kelowna Hair Extensions - HotheadsBenefits of Massage - Info from…Christmas in July at Kelowna Salon…Hair Trends from Kelowna Hair SalonScentuals Body Care from Nature…Kelowna Hair Salon Featured Styling…Ever wondered about a Paraffin…Do Nails Need to Breathe? Fact…Kelowna Spa Beauty Tip - Matis…Kelowna Hair Salon Favorite Styling…Kelowna Salon and Spa Fall SpecialsBenefits of Regular Facials - Kelowna…Kelowna Eyelash Extensions - Cherry…Inspiration for Kelowna Men's HaircutsKelowna Waxing - Advantages of…Healthy Hand & Nail Tips from Kelowna…Kelowna Spas - Top Three Reasons…Kelowna Spa and Salon February…Li Lash - Get the Lashes of your…Kelowna Salon and Spa May PromotionsKelowna Spa June SpecialsKelowna Spa & Salon July SpecialsExcel Salon & Spa November Newsletter…Discover Olaplex at Kelowna's Best…Make the right choice for your…Introducing our newest Kelowna…November Salon and Spa SpecialsMisencil Eyelash Extensions will…A body lotion that will keep you…
Taupe picks for the Fashionista?Naughty or Nice Fashion ShowOur Stylists - Pick of the Week…Clayton Shagal - Kelowna's Best…Experimenting is the Key! Kelowna…Reiki Treatments -- WorkshopsKelowna Facial Threading SpecialistsKelowna Salon & Spa Gift CertificatesKelowna Salon Pick of the Week…Kelowna Facial & Skin Care »